Are you looking for a place where your hard work will make a difference in the lives of others? Nelson Hall Theater is growing and we’re looking for qualified professionals to join our team. If that’s you, then please apply today. Together we’re bringing generations of music lovers together!
Group Sales & Box Office Sales Associate
JOB TITLE: Group Sales & Box Office Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Nelson Hall Theatre Manager
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Hourly
Manage and grow Group Sales for Nelson Hall Theatre, develop and achieve attendance and sales goals for performances, as well as general Box Office responsibilities, including but not limited to, ticket sales, incoming/outgoing phone calls, order fulfillment, reporting, mailings and show night sales and preparation. Must present positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and grow Group Sales leads
2. Monitor show attendance and box office sales
3. Pro-active phone calls, follow up and tracking of sales leads with aggressive goals.
4. Process ticket orders at box office and over the phone.
5. Answer incoming box office phone calls and messages.
6. Print and mail ticket orders.
7. Provide box office coverage for scheduled Nelson Hall events.
8. Prepare routine reports of box office transactions.
9. Assist with setup and breakdown of box office equipment.
10. Balance and secure cash box at the end of shift.
11. Assist with other miscellaneous mailings (advertisements, promotions) as directed by the Theatre Manager.
12. Develop additional sales and revenue goals, such as playbill ads and secondary sponsorship opportunities.
13. May on occasion be required to work off-site at promotional events for the theatre.
Work Area and Working Conditions:
· Well-lighted box office area with some physical lifting to open the box office window.
· Subject to frequent interruptions
· Occasion work inside the theater, dark lighting and stairs.
· Moderate noise level.
Entry Level Qualifications:
1. High School graduate.
2. Experience or proven record in sales related field.
3. Proficient on MS Office and preferably internet ticketing systems.
4. Good customer service skills.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,talk, hear and listen, taste and smell.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.