Volunteer Opportunities at Nelson Hall Theater
Our theater is supported by the many community minded individuals that serve as greeters and ushers in during our season performances. For more information about giving back and helping the success continue at Nelson Hall, please contact us via the form below.
Theatre (Community) Volunteers
- Door Monitors / Ushers / Coat Check Attendant
Theatre volunteers will be provided with:
- Nelson Hall logo vests will be provided free of charge.
Volunteers will be asked to wear black pants or skirt and white long sleeve shirt.
- Mini lights to read ticket numbers in the dark.
- Seating in the back of the theatre during downtime.
- Access to special events at no charge.
- Special concessions made for volunteers who volunteer for 5 or more shows. These volunteers may bring a guest free of charge to show of choice.
- Orientation and on the job training for their chosen position.
If you are interested in becoming a Nelson Hall Theatre Gem, please contact Allyson Palma, Director of Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 203-272-3547 x: 370.
A/V Volunteer Needed (Updated June 2016)
Looking to put your technical skills to use? Nelson Hall is part of the Elim Park Community, and we are looking for a tech volunteer to assist on Sunday mornings during our community worship services.
Average time commitment 2 hours between 9:00am – 12:00pm. You will be part of a rotating team of techs that serve one to two times per month.
This is a perfect opportunity to a high-schooler or college student who is looking to pick up some volunteer hours. Duties include running powerpoint videos, monitoring sound levels, and running a video camera.
Contact Matt Bennett (email@example.com) or Allyson Palma (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.